My way of working is based on a Trusting relationship and the belief that every Person already has the capacity to solve their own problems.
The Therapeutic Space is where you have an opportunity to be heard. It is a place where you examine your Thinking, delve into your Feelings and explore alternative Solutions to your problems.
Throughout The Therapeutic Process there is space and time for You to Grow and to Exist.
The Therapeutic Model
The therapy takes place once a week in one-hour sessions with the number of sessions determined by both you and the therapist and in consideration of your goals.
I follow an Integrative Therapeutic Model in which the interventions are designed according to the unique characteristics of each Person. We analyze the impact of past experiences on the person’s behavior, including family, social and cultural influences.
I implement Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) to work on issues related with traumatic experiences such as loss, abuse, extreme anxiety, phobias etc.
- Improving Communication with Partner or Family members.
- Supporting you during Divorce and Separation.
- If you have difficulty in finding a Partner.
- If you keep “Falling in Love with the Wrong Person”.
- When you are in a Codependent or Abusive Relationship.
- Sexuality issues.
- Reducing Anxiety.
- Treating Panic Attacks and Phobias.
- Elevating your Mood.
- Issues related with Sexual Orientation.
- Controlling Eating Disorders.
- Supporting you during Grieving periods.
- Boosting Self-Esteem and Self -Confidence.
- Improving Social Interaction.
- Controlling Explosive Temper and Aggressiveness.
- Understanding Obsessive Behaviors.
- Controlling Addictive Behaviors: Drugs, Alcohol, Sex, Gambling.
- Issues related with Social and Cultural Adaptation.
- Increasing your Job Satisfaction.
The goal here is to increase the partners’ understanding in each other, the relationship and themselves. The sessions free up communication so each partner can express their feelings and needs and also have the opportunity to listen and reflect the other’s point of view.
The therapy assists the couple on identifying conscious and unconscious influences and helps identify the couple’s resources. We look to collaborate in pursuing solutions that are satisfactory for both partners.
Sexuality and individual issues are understood within the relationship dynamics.
Rui Ferreira Nunes (Short Biography)
Was born in Lisbon in 1966. He earned a BA in Political and Social Sciences and studied Performing Arts. He received a Master’s in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University Los Angeles recognized by the Ministry of Education of Portugal/Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences. He is a certified EMDR Therapist. He has worked as a psychotherapist in Los Angeles and Lisbon. He collaborated with Associação Lavoisier, a non-profit organization dedicated to the development of prevention work on the field of mental health. He is a member of The Portuguese Association of Psychoanalysis and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.